Birth control is about equality for women. Using birth control lets women plan when and whether to have a family. In fact, 99% of women use birth control at some point in their lives.
Many anti-choice activists oppose birth control just as much as they oppose abortion.
- They work to block women's access to birth control at pharmacies and hospitals.
- They lie about birth control to perpetuate a myth that it causes an abortion. Birth control is not abortion.
- They work to deny women contraceptive coverage.
There are many ways to make sure that women get the birth control they need. Better access means fewer unintended pregnancies.
- Emergency contraception (EC) can prevent pregnancy if used up to five days after sex.
- Pharmacies should not be able to refuse to fill a woman's prescription for birth control.
- The government should make sure that low-income women can afford birth control at family-planning clinics.
- Insurance plans should cover prescription birth control without a copay. And almost all do, thanks to Obamacare.
News & Updates
Read our statement of support for the work to build a national community dedicated to permanently changing racial inequality in our country.
Bad Bosses Receive SCOTUS-Mandated Guidance on For-Profit Exemptions on Hobby Lobby Rule Sanctioning Discrimination
The Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision sanctions discrimination. No bosses should have control over what family-planning services their employees use.